Ice cream and frozen novelty products including Blue Bunny®, the iconic Bomb Pop™, and Weight Watchers® frozen novelties.
Wells Enterprises, Inc. is the largest privately held, family-owned ice cream manufacturer in the United States employing 2,500 ice cream aficionados. Wells has two manufacturing plants in Le Mars and as the world's largest manufacturer of ice cream in one location, has made Le Mars, Iowa, the "Ice Cream Capital of the World®.”
Impacts & Awards
- Wells produces more than 150 million gallons of ice cream per year and distributes products in all 50 states.
- All manufacturing facilities are certified SQF Level 3 by the Safe Quality Foods Institute, a division of the Food Marketing Institute.
- Wells was awarded the World at Work Seal of Distinction in 2015 for demonstrating leadership in workplace strategies that help employees achieve work-life balance.
- In 2013, Wells celebrated its centennial birthday through an alliance with Make-A-Wish. Wells’ helped grant 100 wishes to 100 kids with life-threatening medical conditions. The alliance continued in 2014 with the granting of 20 more wishes and continues in 2015.
- Blue Bunny uses over a million pounds of pecans annually, which equals the combined weight of 16 adult humpback whales, making our ice cream treats nuttier than ever!
- Stacking the total number of Big Bopper® sandwiches produced in a year would extend over 500,000 feet into the sky – that’s more than 12 times higher than the flying altitude of commercial airplanes!
- The annual tonnage of ice cream bar coating used by Wells would fill more than three Olympic-sized swimming pools.
Careers & Opportunities
At Wells we offer many “sweet” and rewarding career opportunities! Whether your interests and qualifications lie within the skilled trades, production, freezer, warehouse or corporate support functions, Wells is a great choice to advance your career. Wells exceeds at promoting a work environment that supports teamwork, respect, work/life balance, and development opportunities.
For more information on current openings, visit wellscareers.com