The Avon plant is the primary supplier of all retail Betty Crocker dry mix pouch products for the Baking Division including cookies, muffins, biscuits, pancakes, and brownies and the plant is a key supplier for the Convenience and Food Service business with bakery flour produced from Avon’s two flour mills.
Impacts & Awards
We’ve established some of the most respected brands in our industry by making food people love. When you maintain over 100 great brands in more than 100 countries on six continents, you need the commitment and expertise of passionate individuals in a wide range of areas. We’d love for you to be part of our ongoing success.
Careers & Opportunities
Working for General Mills:
- Manufacturing Careers; industrial maintenance technicians, packing technicians, millers, assistant millers, forklift operators.
- The Avon Culture is focused on a zero loss culture, with a safety first environment to create products that customers love for their taste and convenience. We have a high performance/flexible work system that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with highly skilled technicians, mechanics and operators. We are considered vertically integrated: wheat is delivered, cleaned, processed onsite and used as the main ingredient in our Betty Crocker
- Pouch products in addition to flour products that we sell. With under 100 people we have personal connections and plenty of interaction with all of our teammates.
- Benefits – Full medical benefits, Pension, 401(k), Bi-annual incentive
- Greatest employee need is for 2nd and 3rd shift operations
- Educational Assistance: General Mills is committed to employee development. To encourage self‐improvement, the company will reimburse employees for some of the costs incurred in attending school. The Avon Plant provides many opportunities for continuous growth. Through formal learning opportunities and programs at work, and educational assistance for classes outside of work, the company gives you the chance to grow. Additional information upon hire.
- Extensive on the job training; Amatrol Trainings, department specific trainings and human and food safety trainings.