Iowa manufacturers and companies have asked how their employees can promote manufacturing and help solve the workforce shortage, and the solution is the "Elevate Ambassador Program". This program invites Iowa manufacturers to represent their company and industry at community events. Ambassadors will be instrumental in encouraging young people to consider a career in advanced manufacturing.
Elevate Ambassadors Qualifications
- Attended or familiar with the community college in their region.
- Comfortable with public speaking or interested in developing this skill.
- Employed in, or familiar with, a manufacturing trade like welding, tool and die, CNC, and industrial maintenance.
- Ambassadors are asked to serve a two-year term.
- Ambassadors will attend a half-day training session.
- Perform a minimum of five presentations or represent Elevate at major community events in the ambassador’s region annually. The presentations may be to students, parents, educators, and community leaders. Elevate will notify Ambassadors about presentation request but Ambassadors are expected to find opportunities of their own.
Ambassador Training Includes
- Public speaking training
- Education on the Elevate presentation
- Learning about the manufacturing workforce gap
- Knowledge about community college training programs
Requirements of Ambassador Sponsoring Companies
- Allow the Ambassador to attend a training session, covering travel expenses.
- Allow the Ambassador to make a minimum of five presentations or attend events each year in their region.
To sign up for the Elevate Ambassador Program, or for more information, please contact Alexandra Monaghan at [email protected] or (563) 608-5180.